Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program
Effective September 30th 2014, Certified Employment Group employees working within the Bay Area may elect to participate in the Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program. Through this plan, the maximum amount of Transit Pass Expenses that may be covered by the Plan is $255.00 and the maximum amount of Qualified Parking Expenses that may be covered by the Plan is $255.00.
The Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program will help to:
- Promote the use of alternative commute modes, such as transit, ridesharing, biking and walking;
- Reduce motor vehicle travel;
- Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and other air pollutants;
- Improve air quality and protect public health;
- Reduce traffic congestion; and
- Save money for employers and employees by expanding the use of the commuter tax benefit provisions in the federal tax code.
In order to be eligible to participate in Certified's Parking and Transit Expense Reimbursement Plan, you must:
- Work within the Bay Area.
- Work 120 or more days per year and an average of 20 or more hours per week after the 30 day waiting period.
How it works
Estimate your monthly parking or transit expenses and have this amount withheld from your paycheck each month. To sign up, fill out the Parking/Transit Enrollment Form and send it to:
Attn: Mai Vuong
Certified Employment Group
2000 Powell Street Suite 540
Emeryville, CA 94608
For more information, please contact our HR Manager at 510-420-3747 ext 4908.