Administrative AssistantLocation: Oakland, CA
Type: Full-Time, Temp to Hire
This position will be Administrative Assistant to the investment manager and will include a broad range of tasks on a day to day basis.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting Financial Director on preparing reports for Investment Meeting
- Administering Investment Managerís Subscription Documentation and New Database (FileMaker Pro)
- Assisting Investment Manager and Staff Accountant with research projects as needed
- Updating employee vacation accrual
- Accounting tasks: Assist accounting staff during tax seasons to close books/ providing tax schedules; Entering credit card transactions on QuickBooks
- Maintaining file room
- Making necessary phone calls (obtain information from vendors, pay bills over the phone)
- Preparing shipments (FedEx, USPS) and fielding general foundation inquiries
- Coordinating facility service and repair work requests and researching new equipment purchases as needed; helping to coordinate IT needs; proactively trouble-shoot and problem-solve; assisting with IT Inventory (computers, software/licenses)
- Errands/local shopping
- Meeting and Event Planning tasks including: Planning and coordinating hotel, catering, audio visual arrangements for annual event, managing correspondences with event attendees; arranging catering, audio visual and other event related tasks; help prepare conference room for meetings help organize and coordinate Board meetings (travel, hotels, etc.) and take meeting minutes; Coordinate travel/transportation arrangements for various staff members
- Managing the Discretionary Grant Program including: Gathering images and copy for grantee web pages; finalizing and sending grant agreements
- Drafting/Updating newsletter; building and maintaining mailing lists
- Researching appropriate publications, newsletters and job listings for advertising
- Creating and maintaining a database of arts and medical research contacts
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Filemaker Pro
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to organize time effectively and accomplish multiple tasks.
Certified Employment Group is one of Northern California's largest, privately owned staffing firms. Serving Northern California since 1963, Certified has spent over 50 years building a solid reputation for providing reliable, skilled staff to a wide range of industries. Certified specializes in temporary, temp to hire, and direct placements. For up to date job openings, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn or visit our website at www.certifiedemployment.com.
To apply for this position, please click apply or submit your resume to email@example.com and put Administrative Assistant 0609 on the subject line.